Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It is bloody cold outside. Not sure how this may affect riding plans. The back didn't get any better last week, so I followed the advice of my better half and saw the doc. And then I was off to Physical Therapy. So the riding didn't pick up last week like it was supposed to. Such is life. On the upside, the back is doing better. Second session of PT yesterday. Progress is a good thing.

I hit a 35 mile gravel ride over Fox Mtn with Russel and Ramsey on Sunday in the wee hours of the morning on a cross bike. Back felt good that day. Didn't quite expect the heart to be in the 180s, but with only 9 gears, I didn't have a choice.

I also got the trainer set up, so any day now I may set about punishing myself with some nasty interval nonsense. 54 days to Hilbert 1. 7 long rides. Doesn't seem like much time.

2 comments:

Scott-tay said...

Good riding with you and hitting the elevation gains on that ride. Yeah, the HR was definitely elevated in many spots. That was fun.

kevin29er said...

we'll be hitting 4k and 5k feet of gain pretty soon. stay tuned...